Email: PBhaneja @ usra.edu
- My primary experience is with Digisonde and Vertical Incidence Pulsed Ionospheric Radar (VIPIR) data. I have analyzed global low, mid and currently working with high latitude digisonde data.
- Using edge detection and pattern recognition to determine spread F and critical frequencies (foF2) and hmF2 in the ionosphere.
- Sudden Stratospheric Warming Events:
- Analyze OH and O2 emission rates and temperature data using Spectral Airglow Temperature Imager (SATI) installed at the Polar Environment Atmospheric Research Laboratory (PEARL) at Eureka.
- Analyze SABER-TIMED and MLS-AURA satellite data sets to find temperature and emission variations as well as Millstone Hill Radar using Madrigal database to find temperature in the upper atmosphere during SSW events.
- Developing conjunction histograms between RBSP and FIREBIRD data to correlate electron precipitation with plasma waves.
PhD, MS, Physics (Space Science), University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas; 2004-2009
B.Eng (Electrical Engineering), Toronto Metropolitan University, Toronto; 2000-2004